Monday 25 June 2007

Into the Blue

This is me.



My first foray into the world of blogging, and I was impressed by how easy it was until my entire post suddenly disappeared while I was copying a URL. I'm also not really sure about crediting links, or getting permission to use them, but I will do my best to learn.

I am a 42 year old urbanite from a rural background, struggling to come to terms with the meaning of life, and occasionally finding glimpses in the work of Johnny Cash and Mark E Smith. I was weaned on Genesis and Yes and came late to the Buzzcocks and The Clash. But I got there in the end.

When I am not suffering from Cluster Headache (which is, thankfully, most of the time) I like to crank up the iPod and hit the road. If anybody is reading this who suffers from CH, perhaps undiagnosed, or inadequately treated, you can do worse than visit OUCH where you will find (as I did) some great resources and excellent support.

My other headache, and one which has been with me since I was about 11, is Manchester City. King of the Kippax says it all. I am inured to your derision, so don't even bother. Just when you thought it couldn't get any more farcical...

I've also started to develop a mini obsession with the Torah, and the weird stories therein. I am an ever hopeful agnostic and despise almost all organised religion equally, but I am intrigued by the bizarreness of all that OT stuff - especially the manna - and of how what must have been a minority cult for nomadic goatherds managed to get on top and stay there.

No comments: