Thursday 1 November 2007

Squeaky bum time


I think the next week or two are going to be very big for me.

As you know, I have my driving test on Tuesday. The instructor is becoming increasingly annoying, and either way, I'll be happy to see the back of him. A failure will mean going to another school for the lessons I think I might need in order to have another crack at it, a pass will mean just that.

My current job is ending at the end of December, and I have been scouting around for opportunities. Yesterday, I spoke with someone at an executive search company. It wasn't the kind of outfit I would have normally considered, but I was put in touch through someone I have worked with before. It will be interesting to see if anything comes of it.

I have also been talking to another agency about a job, and something was put on the table, but after about a week, I have heard nothing. To be frank, the job wasn't hugely appealing to me, so I would be quite glad if it was removed from the equation at this stage.

Finally, I have an application in for a job which would seem to be ideal for me. I hear that they aim to fill the post within 2 weeks, so (all being well) I should be contacted for an interview very soon. The prospect causes my sphincter to tighten ever so slightly, as I don't really like interviews. But, endure them we must. All in all, my mouth is silghtly dry as I ponder the definite, as well as potential, events that lie ahead of me.

Ah well, City are through to the quarters of the 3 handled cup, so that at least is good news.

No comments: