Saturday 21 November 2009

Severance



How shoddy is this? I believe that I will be leaving my job at the end of next week, but I'm still not sure. Ol' Blue Eyes hasn't seen fit to reply to an email confirming this, and it has been suggested that I might be asked to provide cover till the end of the year and beyond. It is, I must admit, a rather odd position to be in, though it has meant that I have been able to expand my Twitter activity considerably, even as the thing morphs from its old 'what are you doing...?' ethos to a 'how much are you making...?' one. Even Biz's profile pic has gone from a soy latte slurping hippy to a tight polo neck wearing silicon valley warrior. Ah well, everything's a pitch these days.

The hardest thing, I'm finding, is how to tell people I'm leaving. It's difficult enough not knowing whether I'm actually confirmed as out the door, but coupled with the inevitable follow-up questions of 'Oh, where are you going?' etc., to which I have to answer with replies such as; 'Oh, keeping my options open...' and other such banalities. It's all a bit of a chore.

I am seeking solace in a planned trip back to Os in a couple of weeks, if I can somehow get round upsetting the kids by not appearing at their drama school presentation. Curses curses curses! Should that fail, I aim to achieve 10,000 hits on this blog by the end of the year. Currently, I'm running at around 9,500, so any contributions will be gladly received. I also aim to significantly ramp up my hours on the bike, and to take photos when I arrive wherever I'm cycling to. I have plans to shoot and edit a fun Christmas movie before the end of December. I won't give away any of my ideas. You'll just have to wait until it is released. Also, to provide some extra maths help for the kids as I don't want them to be numerophobic as I was when in school. The memory of Mrs Jones the maths teacher still makes my blood run cold. Oh, and perhaps I might find a job.

I cannot, I'm sure, rely on Man City giving me any kind of fillip, and I fear another Liverpool defeat today at Anfield.

No comments: