Monday 2 April 2012

All over red rover

Not thinking much of this new Blogger interface, though perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I'm running IE6. Needs must when the devil drives, and I have to complete 26 more posts before the deadline of this thing's 5th anniversary in June.

This morning as I was walking into the office, a man was handing out 'Sack Boris' Oyster card holders. They were bright orange, a la Easy Jet, and the man handing them out was smartly dressed, but trying not to look it. I declined the offer, though perhaps might have accepted if the wallet had said 'Sack Mancini'. But am I being unfair? A little hasty? Certainly listening to the commentary on Saturday, it was plain that the players didn't really bother until about 80 minutes of the match had passed. We're not going to win anything like that now, are we?

Balo's second goal was a stonker, but there were far too many shenanigans around the rest of the game for any sort of comfort. All that pathetic argy-bargy around the free kick with Mario and Kolarov was just embarrassing, and gave Hansen the ammunition he needed to knock City yet again as he sat there in his chocolate shirt on MOTD (I am quite liking Jason Roberts as a pundit, though, I must say). Now we're relying on fortress Ewood to save the day. Bah.

To cap it all, I read that Kun hurt his foot playing with his kid's toy or bike or whatever, and gave himself an allergic reaction from using some anaesthetic spray on it. For FUCK'S sake. Anyway, it's not as if we're facing relegation, and so I'm looking on the bright side. It was a good match, with 6 goals and loads of incident, so who could complain about that? At least we're not Liverpool.

No comments: