Monday 9 July 2007

Champs Elysee


I took the plunge.

I admit that it wasn't quite the machine I was looking for, but it's good enough.

There are a few points I would like to raise.

1) The bike cost £350, and today I have seen it advertised for £300 (I think!) The main issue is that buying a bike so goddamned complicated. The whole experience reminds me of something...

2) I went along at a pre-arranged time to pick up the bike and it was not ready. The mechanic said that he had not been left an instruction to build it, despite the fact that I saw the docket with my name on top of the pile where the pierced South African with the plaster cast lolled behind the desk talking about jelly wrestling (which was what in fact had caused the plaster cast in the first place)

3) When the bike was finally built, there were no reflectors fitted, and when these were added on, they were not fitted properly.

Anyway, the day was at least enlivened when at lunchtime an open top bus full of naked women (I kid you not) drove past the small piece of green where I normally eat my baguette. I don't know what they were promoting, and I didn't much care. It's just a shame I wasn't closer to them when I took this picture.




No comments: