Saturday 9 February 2008

Glimmer


At last, a sign of some rays. The last couple of days have been nice and sunny - heralding the approaching springtime - and the days are starting just that little bit earlier.

Despite an horrendous week - possibly one of the worst in service terms of my entire career - I still feel optimistic, and I'm enjoying being in the thick of things, although I'm not sure how long it's going to last. But, while it does, I'll enjoy it.

Been back on the bike, though the journey to work isn't really long enough to work me out, so I'm thinking of starting a Saturday cycling routine. Epping has always appealed. Funny how life seems just that little bit better in the sun. Catch up with me again after I've been back to work, and see if the mood is still the same. Till then, 1958 and all that. For what it's worth, I think City fans should of course respect the minute's silence, but it's not that big a deal really, is it? A million worse things have happened (and not just at sea) over the last 50 years after all. Toodle pip.

No comments: