Thursday 3 April 2008

Domine Jesu Rex et Redemptor

Per tuum sanguinem salvanos.

On the way home tonight after a few (unsatisfying) beers standing at the bar in the Marquis I stumbled into a demo. The sound of whistles and drums drew me, that languid, festival (in the strictly modern English sense of the word) cacophony of dreadlocks and tents emanating from the square outside Westminster Cathedral.

Police a go-go, most of them sporting baseball caps with the tell-tale black & white stripes, and a refreshing mix of old & young, banging things, blowing whistles, selling radical left newspapers and all that jazz.

I made an educated guess that the protest was something to do with TB becoming a confirmed Catholic, filmed a bit and then moved on. I found out later that Brian Eno was also present, but I wouldn't have known him from Adam in any case.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de VĂ­deo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, your post is EXTREMELY likable...Placa de video my ass! More like: I am randomly attaching myself to people's work like a fluke-worm. (Intelligently designed for that pupose of course).
Anyway, the important thing here is that I too, incognito of course, was in London for the big demonstration. I mean, Jesus FUCKING Christ, why would my organisation want such a prime suppurating WOUND as Tony Blair anywhere near it? Look, I joined the Hitler Youth, MEA CULPA BABY, but in those days, if you didn't join, your ass was grass. Mr Blatcher has no such excuse for all his crimes. Christ! Is parody dead?

Anonymous said...

Your Holiness, before you start spouting your usual Papal bull, why not run a spell check?

What the fuck's a pupose? Fess up, brother.

Anonymous said...

Suffering Jesus! You do realise that English is not my first language don't you Mr Dant ? And, despite what my P.R. dept. puts out, I am not actually infallable.
Anyhew... obviously I never meant to write "pupose". What I meant was of course: "porpoise."

Anonymous said...

I knew you'd say that, ya corporate asswipe. Poiposeless is all you is, mistah!

Anonymous said...

HEY! I'm walking here, I'm walking here! CALIFORNIA! UBER ALLES! Ha Ha! But seriously folks...
Now I'm in America and It's captured my heart, like my grandfather before me I walk the streets of New York...
D'ya know what's REALLY interesting? ANDERSFIELD BLACK FOUND OUT! Ya see, I just read that in one of those there proscribed books that I've just half-inched from the Vatican Library. Jeeeezus, these Prada shoes are killing me.