Monday 15 June 2009

Terrible



Like a recalcitrant child, this thing has started to develop a mind of its own. Which is something of a relief as the one which sits in the cranium of this particular Doctor Fronk-en-steen has more or less seized up entirely. In a little over a week, I will be celebrating (if that's the right word) two goddam years of spouting this drivel. It has been real, even if it's been cyber.

Two years of pissing in the wind (what follows and indeed precedes these words is strictly tongue in cheek, btw. Just in case anyone was thinking that I am a sad ungrateful twat or something) with few signs of any human connection and less than 10,000 hits in total.

But am I bitter? Am I fuck! The good outweighs the bad, as we all have to admit lest we stare into the bottomless pit of our inevitable mortality, and it has been great to interact with at least some fellow travellers (you know who you are) and to have a laugh or two.

So here's a test.

Not that I'm insecure. Not that I look at my slowly elongating features and rapidly emerging aural hair in the mirror. Not that I feel permanently terrified of failure and ending up sleeping on a park bench or anything like that. Just... I guess I would like some affirmation in these dangerous times is all.

If anyone names a subject for me to write about before next Wednesday (the 24th of June) I will do my best to provide. I can't promise loaves and fishes or rose gardens, but I will try.

Now, I refuse to go to bed or eat my greens. So there!

29 comments:

EP said...

Ooh, ooh, can it be football? Can it?

Myeral said...

No football. And that's final.

Unless you're the only one to vote.

EP said...

A memory tour of favourite pubs past and present?

Myeral said...

Wait. Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?

EP said...

No you don't. I'm no more immune to a bit of nostalgia than the next man. Even though it's not what it used to be.

Myeral said...

H'm. Been thinking about The Star (for some reason) lately.

Not many pubs present worthy of kissing the feet (if you see what I mean) of such a place.

Or the Cross Keys.

EP said...

Which Cross Keys? They were both good in their day. Not really a great pub per se but God I had some good times in the George, and even the Butchers. The Boar's ...of course, The Woodlands(!). The Fox. Are any of them worth a visit these days?

EP said...

The Sun!!

Kim Il-Sung said...

Hello and happiness to you. If not Rayners topic then why not an essa on most superb goling player? Mentioning no mames! Choice is yours!

Frank Cannon said...

How about: Detection-through the ages.

Pierre PIncea`velo said...

For the topiques, for why not an overview of the grand Apes Saga and its culturel overspill?

Myeral said...

EP - I actually meant the Keys in town. The Docks was the bog's bollocks, but I think we've mentioned it before.

The Sun is now a restaurant (not a bad one as it goes) while the George is a chrome-y soulless place. I like the Fox for its extensive outside seating at the back.

Butchers is poor, Woodlands - couldn't tell you. Tempting to do a piece on wine liberation from the offy bit, I must admit...

The Boar's... well, let's not even go there.

Myeral said...

Mr Kim - whilst watching the Rocky Horror Show last evening, I could barely suppress a giggle at the mention of Steve Reeves in the first Frank N Furter song.

When you say 'goling' do you mean keeping the ball out of the onion bag?

Myeral said...

Mr Cannon (can I call you Frank? Or Franky Baby?)

I like the sound of that - a sleuthing history. Will give it some thought.

Myeral said...

M Pince a Velo

Purquoi non?

kim il-sung said...

Apology. My spell is not all it should. I meant in fact: most superb gofing player.

h blofeld said...

Gofinger

Neil Armstrong said...

How about a few lines on the evergreen poularity of conspiracy theories? Oh, and by the way, I was there, before anyone starts that crapola.

Dan Brown said...

Why not present your posts in the form of riddles? Each one more finely crafted than the last, taking the reader on a path of discovery and adventure that will have them on the edge of their seat!

Chuck waggon said...

Are you suggesting Dan, that Myeral's readership can fit nicely on one single chair?

harry nezumi said...

最近だけ読んだけどほんとにすげあなたのブ
ログ!!
新テェま二ついて、ゴジラどう?

victoria n principal said...

Mr Armstrong,
Discussing the poularity of anything is severly detrimental to the health of the state and its children.

Myeral said...

Did somebody say Godzilla? My translation software is not all it should.

c smith said...

Don't know about Mr Myeralan, but I can sing some songs from my chair, if anyone's interested...

M parky said...

Why not interview a complete stranger?

E Blofeld said...

Horst? Is that you?

Another C Smith. said...

Actually, I need a pretty big chair meself! Probably in Rochdale, but I'd have to make sure I was still alive before ordering such a large piece of furniture.

a smith said...

Something unfunny, but I'm a Radio 4 institution, so I can get away with it

Landlord of the Woodlands said...

Why not come down and have a pint of Wrexham Lager?