Saturday 27 March 2010

FWIW

Image stolen from Borat Media

This is how I see it panning out as we near the end of the season.

At the bottom, along with Pompey, I think we can expect to see West Ham and probably Burnley. Hull look likely to profit from Ian Dowie's presence, and whether or not I approve, it looks as if that will be enough for them.

At the top, in my contrary moments, I tip Arsenal to win the league, but I actually think Chelsea will do it, if you want the truth. This isn't entirely because I hate the Rags, and would beyond doubt prefer anyone to win except them. No, Chelsea have look damned good this season - with a brief dip over the past month or so - especially banging 7 in against Villa. Arsenal to finish second (despite the poor showing against Brum today) and the Rags third.



Now on to the all-important fourth place. Chelsea and Villa have done us a favour today, but the loss against Everton was a big blow, and Spuds are looking strong. So, there's my tip for fourth - Tottenham Hotspur. I have little doubt that Mancini will not be staying at Eastlands, and that's no great loss, if you ask me. What exactly has he done, apart from wearing that bloody scarf and that ridiculous wrestling match with Big Davie the other night? I'll tell you, shall I? Fuck-all. But I don't mind. It's been a fun season, with some real highlights, and there's the World Cup to look forward to before it all starts again.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Spurs have the hardest run in but on your showing tonight it's between them and the red half of Merseyside.

Come on Spurs.

Myeral said...

At the moment, I stand by what I said here. But it's a joyously movable feast.